Thursday, November 22, 2007

Aleko's

We made an unplanned and unscheduled stop last night at Aleko's Restaurant & Tavern. So, since this visit has now knocked them off of our list of non-chain restaurants, I felt it was only fair to give them a review.

Aleko's is supposedly known for their ribs and pasta. My son vouches that their ribs are very good, but given our appetites the night before Thanksgiving we settled for a smaller items. I had their Cajun Shrimp Club. This was very tasty and spicy - just like I like it. Ira had their burger and said it was pretty good. We enjoyed our sandwiches and fries with a beer each and were pleased and full. The atmosphere was very nice and I can say that their parking lot is usually packed if either one of us drives by on the weekends. Since this was just a quick stop, we did not try any appetizers or desserts. But, since we enjoyed what we did have I will give them a 4 stars out of 5. I am sure we will go back and after a more thorough visit I may re-rate them at that time.

Aleko's Restaurant and Tavern - 7476 M-36 (Hamburg Plaza) Hamburg, MI 48139

2 comments:

Mary said...

Aleko's has a new carryout place in Chelsea. I've liked everything we've had. The owner is neighbors of a PQ employee.

Tina said...

Aleko's is a great place for great food. Their ribs are awesome. Melt off the bone, into your mouth...awesome! Carry out service is just as good...and so easy. WE love it and count on it!!! Only local place we constantly give our business to. YOU won't be disappointed.
Owner, Sam, is as sweet as they come. Glad we have Aleko's here!!!